Monday, October 22, 2007

Reflections: October 20-21, 2007

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching/Worship

This week's message was a serious one as we considered the words of Amos for our own lives. I know that the study of Amos impacted me by reminding me that many times I do not have a heart like God's. I used the story of David Tarus as an example of what one person can do and has done in Africa, but I know that there are many needs right here in our own community. Yes, we even have orphans in our own community.
May I encourage you to look at a website that is trying to help those children among us. Wanda Parker, a member of our church, serves with Kidtrek. The web site is www.kidtrek.org. May I also encourage you to post to our blog any of your own reflections from the message this week. I would be especially interested in hearing any stories of how you are serving or are planning to serve in those areas that touch God's heart. The areas of widows, orphans, and immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment