Monday, October 13, 2008

Reflections: October 11-12, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

This weekend ended our series on Habakkuk. (If you missed the service you can watch it online.) How did Habakkuk turn his questions for God into confidence in God? Habakkuk chapter 3 revealed three things he did that we can do this week to help with our difficult situations in life. He prayed, but just not the typical prayer asking God for things. He pondered God, which lead him to trust God more fully. He also praised God in the midst of his difficult life situations.
 
What do you think about these three? Do they seem like the same old things you've heard before? How is Habakkuk's approach different from the usual? Do you think if you do these that you will experience a deeper relationship with God? Send me a note, I'd love to hear how this message has affected your life.
 
Finally, I appreciated Habakkuk's perspective on prayer – I want to try that this week. I want to stop and ponder God more this week. In fact, I'm setting some special time aside to do just that. And Lord help me to praise You in the middle of tough times. God Bless you this week as you grow deeper with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment