Monday, November 10, 2008

Reflections: November 8-9, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

This week we looked at Paul's words to the Thessalonians that says, "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I've heard it said that we don't have to give thanks FOR all circumstances, but the command here is to be thankful IN all circumstances. What do you see as the difference?
 
After the four services this weekend I felt a little melancholy. Even though I can now give thanks for God, those stories I shared were difficult times for me. At the same time I'm thankful to God for His refining work in my life. I count it a blessing to be a part of His kingdom here on this earth today.
 
How did today's message connect with you? Are you going through a difficult circumstance right now? Are you able to give thanks in it? Let's not forget the other side of life – What good circumstance can you give thanks to God in?
 
Next week we will continue to look at the Language of Thankfulness, I'll see you then.

1 comment:

  1. I think we can all appreciate that many people are struggling through so many tough things right now. Financial problems, sickness, job-loss. These are the times its tough to be thankful. I pray that God gives me the ability to be thankful in all circumstances.

    ReplyDelete