Monday, April 13, 2009

Reflections: April 12, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

As I reflect on the four services, I can't help but think about the many new faces that I saw in church today. It was fun and encouraging to be introduced to so many new people and yet I couldn't help but wonder what they took away from the service. Did they hear a message that would cause them to think differently about Jesus? How many people made decisions today to embrace by faith the truth about the resurrection? I wonder...
 
I also hope that many who are Christians and heard the message this Easter will be encouraged by the truth that they are new creations. I hope it will be a source of help for many as we live in this world the rest of the week. I also hope that many will bring the life of heaven into reality this week.
 
I'd love to hear your comments or questions about the message on Easter Sunday 2009. If you have the time, click on the link below and post your thoughts. God bless.

5 comments:

  1. The service that I attended was a pure delight. I felt that God moved in my heart and soul. The message was dead on and I am sure that the Lord was pleased when Gary gave an invitation for people to come forward to know more about the Lord and the Christian life. Thank you for the worship that we were able to give to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget to mention that just the day before I received a book from Franklin Graham on being a new creation!! The Holy Spirit moved in a mighty way in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, my wife and I are new to LBF. We have spent the last 32 years involved with a local fellowship in Rancho but God clearly had called us to move on. Move on to what, we did not know. But we have enjoyed our time with the folks here. I even had opportunity to pray for a lady going out into the outward bound event some weeks back. That is cool. Easter was different than what we are used to but enjoyed the service. May I comment as well, the LBF worship team is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments , Fred. It never ceases to surprise me when things like you receiving a book about being a new creation happen in connection with hearing a message about the same. This week I was at Forest Home and the LBF men's retreat and both of the speakers talked some about the passage I'll be preaching on this coming weekend. When that happened I looked to the guy next to me and said, "Hey that was an illustration I was going to use!!" God must know that we need frequent reminders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyle, It sounds like you have been around a big part of this year - How cool!!. Come up and say "Hi" sometime - I'd love to meet you. I was curious to know more detail about how you saw the Easter service different than what you are used to. I have grown up in the church and hear more than 50 Easter messages and I had a clear purpose for this one. I wouldn't mind hearing a bit more from you about how our service was different for you.

    ReplyDelete