Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reflections: May 17, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship


As I continue to read through James 2:14-26, I am both discouraged and invigorated by the call that I have as a believer. There is a bit of discouragement simply because I see what a high calling to live as Christ is, and how short I fall on a pretty consistent basis. But there is also a real motivating aspect as I look at the challenge put before me as someone who has the opportunity to communicate God’s truth and love to those around me. As you re-read this passage and reflect on what is expected from those who call themselves Christ-followers, what are some opportunities in the past where you have responded to the call to live out your faith? Has God revealed anything to your heart in regards to ways that you can step out more faithfully in the future? Your story could be a real testimony to speak to others as an encouragement to live in a way that honors God and speaks of the faith we claim to have, so please feel free to share. Have a great week of living for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment