Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflections: November 15, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship



As I continue to reflect on this issue of trusting that the grace of God is enough, I keep coming back to what it says in 2 Corinthians 12:8 where God tells us, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." My unwillingness to admit my need and my weakness affects far more than just the grace that I am missing. My unwillingness to admit that I need help keeps me from going to God in times of need. It keeps me from seeking Godly wisdom, so I just go with what I think is best. It keeps me proud, so I keep people who God may want to use to demonstrate His love and grace to me at arms-length. In my desire to live life to the fullest, I sabotage that by believing that I can make that happen.

I want to encourage all of us to do the very difficult thing of admitting that we are not all we need. We are not strong enough, smart enough, or good enough to get through life with the kind of hope, joy, peace, and love that we desire and is possible through the grace of God.

Today, will you go before God and admit your weakness and your need for His grace? It is there waiting for you with no strings attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment