Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reflections: August 1, 2010

Road Trip
This week’s “Reflection” by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

The Lord has really been speaking to me a lot since Sunday about the call to reach all people with the message and love of Christ. I certainly have a lot of room to grow in making concerted efforts, outside the ministry context, to reach out to people, but God has been faithful even this week to give me opportunities.

My new neighbor, who I have only spoken to briefly, was outside doing his yard work and I was on my way out to the car to go somewhere. This is usually the point where I am so busy or rushed that I hop in the car and zoom off. But this time I was distinctly urged in my heart to stop what I was doing and go talk to him. During our conversation he was really open about how he and his wife are doing as they expect their first baby in September. He talked about some of their fears and anxiety, and I was able to really relate with much of the stuff as Laura and I had experienced many of the same things. I was able to share with him about how prayer through our pregnancies was a big part and offered to pray for he and his wife. He was surprised and even commented that it was a relief that he has a “nice neighbor.” I hope I can keep that up! :)

I share that story as an “if I can do it you can do it” type of encouragement, the way we see the passages about Paul and Barnabas’ journey and their perseverance to share the gospel even through the breakdowns in Acts 14.

Have you had any opportunities to share the love of Christ with anyone lately that you could share here with us as an encouragement? We’d love to hear has God is speaking to your heart, and how you are being used in the lives of people.

Have a great week, even if there are “breakdowns”.

No comments:

Post a Comment