Thursday, April 21, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Today You Will Be With Me in Paradise

Today You Will Be With Me in Paradise
Luke 23:43

What is your picture of paradise? I know we have all thoughts about what we think paradise is and I bet we’d be surprised to hear how different people think of paradise differently. My picture of paradise is most easily seen in the image of a lush, green Hawaiian island with a white, sandy beach and a constant 82 degree temperature. I wouldn’t be alone because I would need some people to bring me food and beverages and take care of whatever other needs I have. Ah! That would be paradise for me!
But when Jesus tells the criminal that today he would be with Him in paradise, Jesus had a totally different thought in mind. This week as we celebrate Easter we will look at what Jesus had in mind along with learning what the resurrection means to us and why it matters.
Be sure to invite someone to come with you this year – many people come to church on Easter and this would be a great time and a safe time to reach out to someone. You never know that invitation could make an eternal difference in their life. I’m looking forward to Easter and will be praying for God to some amazing things in our lives this Sunday.
By the way don’t forget to come tonight to our Maundy Thursday service. This is a reverent time of worship and celebrating communion together. Hope you can make it – it will make a difference in your week, I guarantee it!
Gary Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment