Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Live Like You Were Dyin'


Live Like You Were Dyin'
Ecclesiastes 9:1-12

Is it me or does it seem like the older you get the faster time goes? When I was a kid, the summer lasted forever. It was like an entire age in itself. Today, summer comes and goes and I barely have a chance to notice. The reality is our lives are short and death is inevitable. I know…super encouraging, huh? You’re thinking, 'Well, I’m not coming this Sunday to hear what that’s all about…'

Let me encourage you, even though Solomon is challenging us to consider the inevitable end of our life, he has a hopeful message. It’s a “carpe diem” message, which is Latin for “seize the day.” It’s the type of message that makes you want to give in to your kid’s wishes and read one more book at bedtime. It’s a message that will encourage you to gather with friends and family and say nice things about each other. It points to the reality that while we’re living, we have a responsibility to redeem the routines of our lives and through that worship God.

I hope to see you Sunday!

Russ Parker, Pastor of Administration

No comments:

Post a Comment