Thursday, August 25, 2011


Heart Condition
Proverbs 4:20-27
If I asked you to take your finger and point to yourself, where would you point? Most of us, I think, would not point to our heads. That’s interesting isn’t it? In spite of the great importance of good thinking, we instinctively know that what is most essential about us is not our brain. I’ve never heard anyone say to the person they love: “I give you all of my brain.” But I’ve also never heard someone say, “I dedicate my full bladder to you for the rest of my life’ or “I pledge to you my lungs.” In fact there is only one body part that we refer to when we talk of love or dedication or devotion; and that body part is the heart. When we talk about that aspect of ourselves that is most central to whom we are and what we want to bring to life, we speak of the heart. 

In saying this, of course, we don’t mean our myocardial muscle. No, in the Bible the heart is the center of the person, the control center of life. And the condition of that heart directs and dictates the kind of life we will live. What is the condition of your “heart?” This week we are going to look at some essentials to keep the condition of our hearts (not the muscle) healthy.

I hope to see you Sunday!
Gary Keith, Lead Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment