Thursday, February 23, 2012

This Weekend's Message: Expensive


Expensive
Colossians 1:24-29

Miriam and I were talking about what is and isn’t expensive last night. We both realized that what might be expensive to one person may not be expensive for another person. For example, eating out at Flemings’ Steakhouse would be expensive for me, but probably not for Michael Jordan. But I’m fairly confident that Michael Jordan’s divorce settlement was expensive for him. He is number one in this category with his settlement costing him more than $150 million. I can’t even imagine what that amount looks like, but this I know: broken relationships can be very expensive.

This brings me to what we’ll be talking about this Sunday. I think everyone would agree that the sacrifice of Jesus’ physical body on the cross was very costly – it was expensive. And for the believer who has received this costly reconciliation for free, there are some natural responses that should be applied to our daily lives. Paul teaches us about that this week as we continue to learn about Jesus, our X Factor.

Pastor Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment