Thursday, March 29, 2012

This Weekend's Message: Unexpected


Unexpected
John 12:12-16

One time, when I was starting a new job, the person doing my orientation showed me a chart called “Expectations vs. Reality.” The chart was meant to demonstrate that I would have certain high expectations of my new place of employment, and that I needed to temper those expectations so that I did not end up being disappointed by reality. This is an important concept because it can be very difficult for us when our expectations are not met by others. We can feel cheated because most of us believe that our expectations are perfectly normal. We think others must be deficient if they are not meeting them.

What happens when God doesn’t meet your expectations of him? How do you deal with the confusion and disappointment that occurs when God acts in a way that is completely unexpected?

Dan Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment