Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why Should a Guy Go to the Men’s Retreat?

April 12-14, 2013 

By Steve Mylar, Director of Business Operations 

You can expect to be refueled mentally, physically, and spiritually!

Let me answer this by asking a different question: why wouldn’t a guy want to go?


Here are the reasons/questions I hear most: I’m not a camper; no sleeping under the stars for me. I don’t eat camp food. I won’t know anybody. What kind of guys will be there? Do we have to hold hands and sing Kumbaya? It will be boring. What are we actually going to be doing?

Having been to several retreats, and having a great time at most of them, I tend to forget that these are real and valid concerns. So let me respond to some of them.


First, let me say that getting away for the weekend from all of the busyness of life has been wonderful for my mind and my soul. The men who attend come from all walks of life and are all at different places in their walk with Christ. One can choose to connect with others or to find peace in solitude (I find there is a healthy combination of the two that can be achieved). The camp itself is amazing. Forest Home hits a home run every time with its beautiful location, venue, abundantly delicious food, and myriad of recreational choices. Over the course of the weekend we will have five main sessions with teaching and times of worship. We will meet separately with just LBF men 2-3 times and break up into smaller discussion groups. We won’t force interaction or make anyone share anything they don’t want to. During our free time there is a plethora of activities such as rock wall climbing, ziplining, hiking, trout pond fishing, miniature golf, horseshoes, etc. To accommodate your tastes and financial situation, the rooms come in three different “flavors:” Deluxe, Standard, and Economy. They are comfortable, clean, and all include a bed/bunk with mattress. Think of Deluxe as a shared motel room (bedding and linens), Standard as a shared cabin without bedding/linens (bring your own/sleeping bag), and Economy as a shared room with shared bath without linens.



In a nutshell, we’re just a bunch of guys who have decided that taking time to reconnect with God, learning how to be better followers of Jesus, and having a great time of fellowship is highly needed and desired in our lives. And we would like for you to join us!

Most guys often need a personal invite to be the vehicle to get them to go, so if you are a guy who is going this year (and you should!), think about the guys you should invite. And do it! Register online at lbfchurch.com > Men’s Retreat.

6 comments:

  1. Εxcellent goodѕ frοm you, man. I haѵe be aware уour
    ѕtuff previοuѕ tο and you are just extremеly fаntаstic.

    I actually liκe whаt you havе acquirеd
    heгe, certainly lіκe ωhat
    уou're stating and the way through which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. That is really a wonderful web site.

    My web blog ... Bojler kospel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Кeep this going pleаsе, greаt job!


    Herе is my blog :: fotograf

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up, I log on to your blogs regularly. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep doing what you're ԁoіng!


    Fеel fгеe tо visit mу web blog: ogrzewacze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Мy spouѕе and Ι absolutely loѵе
    your blog and find the maϳοгity of your
    ροst's to be precisely what I'm looκing
    fοг. Would you offeг guest writers to ωrite content foг
    you ρersonаlly? I ωοuldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome site!

    my web site :: ogrzewacz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a mаteriаl of un-ambiguity and prеsеrvenеss of valuable familiaritу about unpredicted emotions.



    Heгe is my site :: Http://www.Halupczok.com.pl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pаy а quicκ visit day-to-day a few websitеs
    anԁ informatіon sites tо read poѕts, еxсеρt this webрage offeгs feаtuгe based cоntent.


    Fееl fгee to vіsit my ωеb blog:
    chocolatehouse.pl

    ReplyDelete