Thursday, May 30, 2013

This Weekend's Message: One Father


This past year my best friend and his wife adopted a child. Prior to walking through this experience with him, I had never been that close to someone going through this process. I got to see just what a strong financial and emotional commitment it is for anyone to pursue adopting a child. There were many prayers, tears, and sleepless nights awaiting the arrival of their child. But now they are living in the joy of the new addition to their family. When I see my friend talk about his son or post pictures of him, I know one thing: After all that he went through to become that child's father, nothing could ever tear him away from his adopted child.

This Sunday we will be talking about adoption in a unique way. We are not the adopt-ers, but rather the adopt-ed. And God is the Father, longing to welcome the children into His family. But the Apostle Paul will warn us that it is possible to be a child of God and yet still live as if we are only household servants.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment