Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This Weekend's Message: A Tale of Two Christmas Stories


Recently I was at Disneyland and it was decorated for the holidays. As I walked around, I was struck with how elaborate the decorations were, and yet how utterly absent Christ was. There was a lot about peace and joy. There were a lot of ornaments and trees and snowflakes. The holiday mood was present everywhere I looked. It was a true Christmas celebration. It just happened to be one that didn’t involve Jesus.

I realize that this is not a new phenomenon. For years we have found ways to celebrate Christmas without Christ. But, absent the biblical Christmas story, what story are we telling? And, more importantly, what if the Christmas story that our society has embraced is tragically inferior to the original Christmas story? 

Don’t miss our services this Sunday as we being our series: Christmas Mash-Up.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment