Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Note From Pastor Gary

Read this letter to see what is happening with the finances at LBF. 

On Sunday I shared about our current financial status. Bottom line is that after the first five months of our current fiscal year, we are running a deficit.

I asked those who are not givers to start giving by applying our teaching on giving by first giving themselves to the Lord in prayer, asking Him what they should give, and then simply do what God reveals to them.

I asked those who are regular givers to consider giving more to help remove our current deficit.

I'm sure you join me in believing in the ministry of LBF and how it is helping people come to faith in Jesus and grow in that faith. LBF is the expression of the “bride of Christ” in Upland. It is making a difference of eternity in people’s lives. This ministry is is worthy of our support.

We don’t talk much about money at LBF, but when we do it is to bring a report to the church family and then to ask that each of us go to God in prayer and respond by how He is leading each one of us. I sent an email to our elders and staff asking them to do the same and to lead the way by being an example.

I want to ask you to go before the Lord and activate your faith by responding in the way He leads. In the 40-year history of this church, when we do that, God uses it to grow this ministry. I look forward to that once again.

Pastor Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment