Monday, November 19, 2007

Reflections: November 17-18, 2007

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching/Worship



We've been on this Old Testament Journey for the better part of a year, only one week left and what a powerful journey it has been.
This weekend were learned from Jeremiah how to live with the assignments God gives us. I stated in the message that I believe that all followers of Christ have assignments given to them by God.  These assignments are as varied as people are.
Let me ask you to reflect on this issue of God's assignment for your life. If you know your assignment, did the life of Jeremiah give you encouragement to hang in there? If you have quit your assignment would you spend some time in prayer asking God for his guidance to get you back in the game? If you have never known what your assignment might be would you pray and ask God to reveal his assignment for you? If you're moving too fast, take some time to slow down and rebuild that relationship of closeness with the one who gave you the assignment.
God Bless and be sure to take some time to write your thoughts and reflections on the BLOG. Just click on the link below.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome reminder. Today we would call him a failure. Jeremiah has been one of my favorite Bible characters. I needed this reminder! To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Wanda. Until this study I had not considered him one of my favorite Bible characters. Now I consider him a role model for me in carrying out my assignment before God.

    ReplyDelete