Monday, November 5, 2007

Reflections: November 3-4, 2007


This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching/Youth

The more I reflect on the topic of fear vs. faith that we talked about this weekend, the more I recall all of the times in my life that it was so easy to go into panic mode. I have to wonder, what are some things that can be done to help us stand firm in our faith during times of great fear or overwhelming situations? What are some things that you have done to allow God to remind you of His presence and faithfulness? I ask you to share these things because your experiences and insights could really help others who may be struggling with fear or panic right now in their life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I did this correcftly the 1st time. If this is a repeat, I apologize.
    So many of us have never let go of ?that? pain and have simply learned how to live our life each day with that pain. Because of that, we are missing the fullness of the joy, peace, and abundance that this life can offer. I read this prayer yesterday and it helped me with the pain/struggles I am going through at this time. I hope it will help you as well.
    "Dear Father, I thank you for this day. I know that today was not promised to me, but it is a gift from You. Dear God, You know the pain I have today from what has happened in my life. I am tired of carrying this pain with me day after day. It is robbing me of my joy, of my peace, of knowing the abundance that this life can offer. I trust Your Word today that tells me that I can give this burden to You, that You will take it from me. I trust Your Word today that tells me to cast my cares on You because You care for me. In the name of Jesus, I give You the pain of my past today. In the name of Jesus, I surrender it to You. Take it from me, and fill me right now with Your joy, with Your peace, and let me live from this day forward in FREEDOM FROM MY PAST! In Jesus name I pray. Amen!"

    ReplyDelete