Monday, January 14, 2008

Reflections: January 12-13, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching/Worship
I want to fly high in my spiritual life, how about you? I mentioned during the services that I love to fly airplanes. This weekend I was able to spend some time at the annual air show at Cable airport. I watched Doug Jordan, an aerobatic pilot perform some hair-raising maneuvers. Here was a husband, father of seven, and owner of a business giving us his best. He was thinking clearly, exercising self-control, and doing things with a plane that the rest of us could only dream of.
May we live a life that others can only dream of as we keep our hope in the Lord, by thinking clearly and exercising self-control this week. I know that my time in 1 Peter this week will change my life forever. I pray that learning from 1 Peter this week will change your life as well.
Have a great week flying high!

No comments:

Post a Comment