Monday, April 21, 2008

Reflections: April 19-20, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching/Youth
The more I think about it, the more I realize how easy it can be to allow the "soil" of my heart to become unhealthy. There are so many things in day-to-day life that try and attack my heart and my attitude and my perspective that I must do something to protect my heart from all the attack it is under. Some of the attack we feel can just be the effects of living life and the normal struggles that most people have. There is also the spiritual aspect of the things that Satan does to try and keep the seed of truth from being planted in our hearts. I believe this is one more application for what we are called to do in the book of Ephesians:

Eph. 6:13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.

What kinds of things do you do to try and keep the soil of your heart clear and healthy? How have you had to clear the weeds of your heart in order to allow God to use you and bear fruit in, and through your life?

1 comment:

  1. I find if I read the Bible (I do this every day),pray in a quiet setting (instead, I tend to pray as I go along) listen to Christian music (as I am driving)it helps to keep me close to God and spiritually focused. When I get too busy with "things" and don't take the time to stop and be with God,then the weeds start sprouting. So simple, yet, it is an on-going process for me.

    ReplyDelete