Monday, August 24, 2009

Reflections: August 23, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

What should we do when we feel like giving up or quitting? That is what we talked about this Sunday in the message. I dare say that the first lesson from the parable was no surprise - always pray and never give up.
 
But I know that most Christians do pray and they pray often. So what is new for me here in this parable? As I studied it this week I realized that many times we make prayer mechanical. It is something we do and sometimes it is not the first thing we do. As I considered the fact that I am not like the widow and God is not like the judge, there was a new understanding for me of the relational nature of prayer.
 
God is like no other father here on this earth and we have a lot to be thankful for when we call God our father. That prayer is less about what we do and more about responding with the awareness of God's presence with us. If that is true, how will that make a difference in your prayer life? Was there some other aspect of the message on Sunday that will help you do a better job of hanging in there when you feel like giving up? If so, just click on the blog link below and write away!

No comments:

Post a Comment