Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Reflections: September 6, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor, and Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship


On this Labor Day weekend, the LBF church family came together to look ahead to the fall of 2009. As we come back to church this fall the focus will be on two main fronts. The first is to make a commitment to grow spiritually - to learn. And the second is to put your faith into action. Church is about much more than simply filling a seat on a Sunday morning. Church is a place to grow spiritually, a place of action from which we express our faith through service to one another and to reaching out into our community with others.
 
For those who attended this past Sunday, what was the most meaningful part of the morning? Was it learning about the different ministries planned for this fall? Was it the time of prayer for those in serious financial need? Was it the opportunity to put your faith in action by giving to the financial needs of those in our church? Was it the worship through music? Was it that unplanned but meaningful conversation you had with a fellow LBF member? Or maybe it was simply that cup of coffee you enjoyed after the service?
 
We'd love to know how this morning, which was so different from our usual service, impacted your life. Share with us on the blog by clicking on the link below.

2 comments:

  1. I was so touched this past Sunday @ church; my family and I are new to the church, and this past Sunday we were watching the program on all the different outreaches the church had to offer, it was informative as well as entertaining. Well @ the end pastor got up and asked people who had no job for more than two year's or were financially struggling to take a stand and stand up, this pertained to me as I have been looking for work for over two years. People i didn't know gathered around and started to pray for me, i cried and was touched by what they did for me then and continue to do. I been attending 3 weeks now and joined a mens bible study the first week i got there, and continue to go, so do my wife and kid's. THANK YOU so much for making us feel so welcome and apart of this great church, we love it and love the people too. Sincerly; DAVID W. LORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I am so moved by reading Dave Lore's comment I am going to have to re-group! My husband and I really enjoyed this past weeks service. We have been attending LBF for 10 months and it was a great over view to all the church has to offer. I am going to join the Faith Matters Bible study starting on the 27th with a friend who brought me to the church. We loved the opportunity to pray for people in need and also to contribute to them. We both would like to see more Outward Bound opportunities in the church, not just once a year, but a really active organization to go out into our community.

    ReplyDelete