Monday, October 19, 2009

Reflections: October 18, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor


Sunday ended our series titled, Get Gorgeous. For the past five weeks we have been talking about the fruit of the Spirit. As I reflect on this series, I can't help but think about the Holy Spirit and my life. There is no doubt that as Christians we experience the occasional assurance that what happens in our life is a product of the Holy Spirit. Maybe it comes to us as an experience of joy or a moment of peace or the recognition that I was patient at a particular time.
 
But as I reflect on this subject of the Holy Spirit producing fruit in my life, I long for more. I long for the awareness that the Holy Spirit is so real that I really don't battle much with the desires of the sinful nature. This Sunday I mentioned John 15 and the words of Jesus. He is the vine we are the branches - what does this mean to you? Remain in me and I will remain in you - what does that mean? As people who abide in Christ, can we really ask for anything and it will be granted? Tell me what you think after you read John 15:5-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment