Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Reflections: June 20, 2010

This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

Have you ever had an encounter with someone where you are certain God set it
up? Can you look back and think of a time when you missed a prime opportunity to tell someone about your faith? I am certain that God sends us out with a purpose and to speak with people that need to hear from Him through us. But what our response to that call will be, He leaves up to us.

As I think about Phillip and the other believers who endured such real physical persecution, it stirs something up in my heart that brings me a sort of accountability to respond to God when He calls me, or gives me an opportunity to live out my faith. I feel that here in America, it is long overdue that we take advantage of the wonderful opportunities God has given us.

This week I'd love for us all to accept this challenge: Look for an opportunity to share your faith; demonstrate the love, compassion, or grace of God to a friend or stranger; or invite someone to church to hear the good news of Jesus Christ. Then, come back to this "Reflection" either on the @LBF Blog or the LBF Facebook page, and tell us how it went!

Ready...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment