Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mosaic’s Next Chapter

By Matt Sasso, Pastor of Student Ministries 

As I often look at the Bible, I see a story – a story where God is communicating His love for His creation.

Over the past few months excitement has been building in me as I step into the next chapter in the life of Mosaic college ministry here at LBF. Working with students over the last eight years, I have become very passionate about this stage of life, and having students see God communicating His love for them.

As this next chapter begins, I am looking forward to several things. The first is being a part of a community that is known for its love for one another. In the gospel of John, we see Jesus stating that our love for one another will mark or show whose disciple we are. My passion is to lead a community of college students that accept and love one another. The second is to lead a group of young men and women to serve their community and show others the love of Christ. Over the past few months I have seen a group of students in the ministry become passionate about sharing this love not only with our church, but also with the community. Thirdly, I am excited about seeing this ministry connected to the whole church. I love seeing generations of people serving, worshiping, and learning together.

As this next chapter begins, these are just a few aspects of what I am looking forward to. My hope is that you pray with me for the ministry of Mosaic and its future.

No comments:

Post a Comment