Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pray For America

By Gary Keith, Lead Pastor 

I want to invite you to join people from all over our nation for a time of prayer. On Thursday, May 2, LBF will be joining many across the nation to pray. For the last 62 years the first Thursday in May has been set aside by our nation for prayer and I believe this day of prayer can have a significant impact on our country.

We have a great opportunity to see the Lord’s healing and renewing power made evident as we gather to humbly come before God in prayer. The theme for this year is “Pray for America.” The goal is to emphasize the need for people to come together and through prayer make their requests known as they place their faith in the unfailing character of God who is sovereign over all governments, authorities, and men.

The organizers of this national event have chosen Matthew 12:21 as their key verse. This is a great passage as it restates a prophecy from Isaiah about Jesus Christ. In talking about Jesus it says:

“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. 

“He will not quarrel; or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he has brought justice through to victory. 

“In His name the nations will put their hope.” 

Please consider taking some time (no more than 90 minutes) to come and join me and others from LBF in prayer for our nation. Let us call on our only hope – Jesus Christ. You’ll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment