Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This Weekend's Message: Changed by God's Work


I love all the new and ever-changing technology at our fingertips. For example, the power and potential of smartphones is simply amazing. What I once could only do on my $1,500 desktop computer is now available (plus a whole lot more) on my $100 smartphone. But with this changing technology I've learned that unless I can have someone talk me through the process, I'm lost. I can't read a manual (if one even exists) and hope to fully use the power of my smartphone. I need to learn by doing. How about you?

I've also noticed that the same thing is true when it comes to joining God in His work. I can read books about it. I can hear other people's stories about it. But unless I get out there and do it, I don't experience the full power of what is available. As we continue with our series "Changed" this week, we'll see what Jesus says about participating with God in the work He's doing. We'll also learn about how we can participate with God this year, throughout the world or right here in our own community.

See you Sunday!
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment