Monday, February 25, 2008

Reflections: February 23-24, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching/Youth


Well that's it. We made it through 1 Peter and I know that I have come to understand a lot better what God expects from me and the way I live my life to be different for Him. How about you? As we have gone through this series in 1 Peter, what are some ways that God has challenged your heart to be "a little different" in how you live for Him? What are some of the areas in your life that you have just gone with the flow, but now feel the tug from God on your heart that you need to make some different choices and live for Him? Your story can be so encouraging to others facing the same challenge to be different. I hope you'll share your story with us.

1 comment:

  1. its amazing how God can use a message or a passage of scripture to speak truth into our lives. This journey through 1 Peter has been a great reminder for me that God is a Holy God and that while he certainly doesn't expect me to try to earn my salvation (in fact the Bible teaches the exact opposite) He does expect us to "Be Holy as I am holy." I've really tried to spend some time looking at the things in my life that may not align with that command. I feel like Isaiah in Chapter six of his book. Thanks for the message Jeff.

    ReplyDelete