Monday, February 11, 2008

Reflections: February 9-10, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching/Worship

Relationships - Aren't they the most challenging part of our lives? The Bible speaks often and plainly about how we are to relate to one another. The message this weekend may have been simply stated, but I dare say the ability for us to live it is anything but simple. I want to stay focused this week on the four keys Peter gave us by being humble in spirit, confident in God, realistic in expectation, and hopeful in eternity.
I plan on working this week on all four of these, but especially the expectation one. Miriam mentioned to me that many may think based on my story about driving that when I get behind the wheel of a car I become this angry person. Let me assure you that is most often not the case. But it is a place where, when people do unsafe things near me, I need to be confident in God and hopeful in eternity.
I pray you have a great week being a little different by keeping your relational boat afloat. I'd love to hear how it's going. Use the blog below and let me know what you thought of the message and how it is affecting your life. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. I din't hear the message, since I am writing this from Thailand.
    But pershap I can find it on tnis webpage to read it.
    Just dropping by to say Hello and tell you how glad I am to be able to find LBF
    on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when things get simplified for me:
    4 main points, simple
    Now the hard part, application.
    I pray God will help me to grow in all of these areas for I see my short sightedness in all areas, Praise God for His Mercies are new every morning.

    ReplyDelete