Monday, May 12, 2008

Reflections: May 10-11, 2008


This week's "Reflection" by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Youth
I hope you all had a nice Mother's day. This past weekend we talked about the idea of surrendering the children in our lives to God. This could mean with your biological children, adopted children, foster children, nephews, nieces, kids on a team that you coach or a class that you teach. 

Surrendering can look so many different ways.  What has it looked like in your life? What are some ways you have learned to surrender your kids that may be an encouragement to the rest of us who will need to do it some day? Click on the link below and tell us your story. Have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. I think that throughout our lives we are faced with challenges that we can choose to surrender to. I liken it to water flowing through the rapids...it splashes in chaos when it fights the rocks, yet when it yields to the path, the water calms to glass.

    My family and I have had many challenges that could have sunk us into chaos...but when we recognize that we are not in charge, that we must surrender with faith that we will find our way through, we find a calm that defies our circumstances. It is easy to forget and get caught up in the whitewater of life...but oh, the joy and peacefulness when you can just sit back and slip through the obstacles without effort.

    Thank you for the sermon. And I think you did an admirable job of reaching all relationships we may have with our mothers.

    PS...There's a great country song that would've fit well...Jesus Take The Wheel (Carrie Underwood, I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. One way I have learned to surrender my children to God is to remember that He loves them far more than I ever could and that He knows their hearts and minds more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An additional comment that has helped me through the years is to remind myself that our children are on loan, to us, from God. He gave them to us but, they belong to Him.

    ReplyDelete