Monday, May 5, 2008

Reflections: May 3-4, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching/Worship
As I was reflecting on the message this week, I was reminded once again of the value and importance of prayer. I think it would be true to say I have learned much about prayer by praying. My goal this week was to get us praying. I hope that you will take the three points of this weekend's message and work them into your life this week.

Remember to begin where you are, be absolutely honest with God, and keep the conversation going all the time. By the way, when praying while driving, be sure to keep your eyes open. God still hears those prayer just fine.

Shoot me a BLOG below of how it’s going this week as you become spiritually fit through prayer.

3 comments:

  1. Great message - thank you!

    "Practicing His Presence" by Brother Lawrence and Frank Laubach is a great classic on talking to God continually. I love their suggestion to "turn your self-talk into a conversation with God."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for the reminder Wanda. I have read that book and I agree with you about our self-talk. I think people pray and hear from God more often than they may think because they may not believe that this self-talk and their thoughts are considered part of our "prayer without ceasing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to add those 20 min I drive each way to work to my prayer time. I turn off the radio now and have a great conversation with God. I'm one of those people who use to kind of "talk to my self" and after going thru some trouble times a few years back I've turned all that into Talking to God. I'm better focused, I make decisions a little easier and I NEVER FEEL ALONE! I love that I'm working on getting REAL with God. I've done the yelling and shouting before but I too felt guilty for it. Now I just pray the Holy Spirit embrase me and help me to get it all out from the heart. Thanks so much for an awesome teaching, one that applies to every area of our life.

    ReplyDelete