Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reflections: May 24-25, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching & Worship



This week in our series, 24 Hour Fitness, we talked about the subject of confession. As I reflect on the message, my focus turns to having a trusted friend to confess our sins to. James 5:16 instructs us to confess our sins to one another. I had several people come up after the messages and ask about that part of confession. It seems we all can agree that confessing to God is a good thing, but confessing to a friend is something that requires a little more thought.
 
During the message I shared about my trusted friend and the difference he has made in my life when it comes to confessing.  So here is what I want to ask: Do you have a trusted friend that you confess your sins to? If so, how did that come about? What has been the positive connection to building spiritual muscle in your life? If you don't have a trusted friend, what are your thoughts about this part of our spiritual life?
 
You can reply by using the blog feature below. Let's dialogue on this important way to build spiritual muscle in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment