Monday, June 2, 2008

Reflections: May 31-June 1, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching & Worship



I know the subject of weight can be a sensitive issue. This weekend I didn't want to talk about our physical weight, but the weight of things and the weight of worry as we talked about the exercise of simplicity. As I prepared for this message I couldn't help but remember my own struggles with the topic of simplicity and really appreciated the perspective from Richard Foster.
 
I was captivated by his concept of the inner reality and the outward lifestyle. It made sense to me and I know I'll be working on living the words of Jesus this week on this subject. Be sure to take some time to read the first eighteen verses of Matthew 6. Join the blog below and let me know how the message touched your heart, created questions, or confirmed what is unfolding in your life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment