Monday, June 16, 2008

Reflections: June 14-15, 2008

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

 
This weekend we looked at one verse, John 3:16. In this verse we found four ways our heavenly Father relates to us. Then we took those four things and applied them to us as earthly fathers on this Father's Day weekend. The four ways God relates to us is that he loves us, he gives to us, he requires from us, and he has prepared a future for us.
 
This message was a good reminder for me that whatever the age of my children and now grandchildren, I can still learn and I can still grow in these four ways. I know that this can also be a time that is hard for many people due to the type of relationship they had or have with their father. If you were there, you may remember the quote from Bill Hybels that I shared. He said, "The healing power of our heavenly Father is greater than the wounding power of our earthly father." What a great thought. Whatever your relationship with your father, my prayer is that the healing power of our heavenly Father is at work in our life.
 
I'd love to hear how this message touched your heart. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I felt that I've lived with the wounds of my father for so long and have tried to overcome them, that remembering that I CAN overcome them through the word of my testimony was empowering. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete