Monday, February 2, 2009

Reflections: February 1, 2009


This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive Teaching Pastor


I was surprised that so many of you have experienced turbulence in an airplane. I would have thought that most flights are turbulent-free, but it looks like that's not the case. I wouldn't be surprised though to know that most of us have experienced turbulence in our relationships. The reality is that it is just plain hard to live with other people up close without some sort of turbulence.
 
Today I shared three important lessons from the Sermon on the Mount. First we learned that contempt is sin. The second lesson was that it is our responsibility to reconcile. Thirdly we learned that it is more important to reconcile than to be right. As you consider these three lessons, which one is the hardest for you? What has been your experience when you have tried to reconcile with other people? As we prepare to go out into the community how do you think today's message will help?
 
I'm looking forward to February 22 – I hope you will join me and sign up for a project real soon. You can even sign-up before next Sunday online.

No comments:

Post a Comment