Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reflections: February 15, 2009


This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive Teaching Pastor


As I take a few minutes to reflect on the message this week, the words "it's not about me!" keep ringing in my thoughts. This has been a wonderful journey we have been on for five weeks. Spending time with the very words of Jesus will make an impact on our lives if we will embrace them.
 
This week we changed our focus from growing in internal righteousness to expressing that development into "acts of righteousness." The key thing for us to remember is Jesus wants us to focus first on our hearts before we attempt to serve others. Let's be in prayer this week not only for the people we will serve but also for our own hearts.
 
As we serve next Sunday I will be reminding myself that it's not about me but about bringing glory to God. May God use us as a church and as individuals to represent Jesus well.

No comments:

Post a Comment