Monday, March 30, 2009

Reflections: March 29, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

Where is  God in the Mess?

After five weeks of exploring the Old Testament book of Numbers I hope that each of us has a better answer to that question. I don't know what kind of mess you're in right now, but I do know that God is right there in it with you. In these past five weeks we have learned to remember God's past rescues, that we need to stay close to God, that we are not in this alone and should lean on others, to never ever panic, and this week when we are discontent that we need to confess our discontentment as sin and look to God in faith.
 
All of that may sound pretty simple, but the reality is that when life is a mess this is exactly what we need to focus on. I hope this series has been a source of hope and help to you. I know that these past five weeks have been a tremoundous journey for me.
 
If you wouldn't mind, take a minute and jot down your thoughts about this series on the blog link below.
 
Have a great week! Remember this next Sunday is the beginning of Holy Week. I know I'm looking forward to a spiritually meaningful week of remembering and celebrating the very foundation of our Christian faith.

1 comment:

  1. I think this was our 3rd time at LBF. I missed most this series but enjoyed what I did catch. One statement that was made continues to come to mind. It is in regards to the people of today and discontentment. The more God gives, the more we (I) become discontented with our life. How weird that is but it is true. So much so, I have had to repent, Dear Lord forgive me of this discontentment and to give a heart of thanks. Thank you Gary for this "revelation". And I thought it was mid life crisis. :-)

    ReplyDelete