Monday, March 2, 2009

Reflections: March 1, 2009

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

Lost job – foreclosed mortgage – high credit card debt – relational conflict – lost retirement – lost investments – the stock market crash. It feels like a big mess right now. Have you experienced any of these in your life recently? I know I have. This week we started a new series to see if we can find God in this mess. The first thing we considered in finding God during the desert times of life was to remember God's past rescues.
 
I know that was an important action step for me this past week. I took the time to make a list of the ways God has rescued me in the past. Doing that helped to build my faith for the current rescue I need. Let me encourage you to take some time this week and make a list of the times God has rescued you. Use that as a faith building time for the current rescue you need. Remembering God's faithfulness in the past gives us hope to trust in His faithfulness in the present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment