Monday, September 20, 2010

Reflections: September 19, 2010


Road Trip
This week’s “Reflection” by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

Living Life to the Fullest
Acts 20:13-38

This passage explores Paul’s thoughts about what it meant for him to live his life to the fullest. For Paul this meant having a heart to serve God, following the leading of the Holy Spirit, keeping his focus on eternal things, and passing the faith on to others, including the next generation. I’m sure this kept him from experiencing a mid-life crisis.

Even though I’m now a pastor of a church, that was something I hadn’t even considered until I was 30 years old. My life experience at that time included going to college, serving in the military, and pursuing a totally different career path. I had been searching for a life purpose since my mother was tragically killed. I wanted to know if this thing called Christianity had any meaning beyond going to church on Sunday. After a few years of seeking God, I realized that I wanted my life to count for eternal things. For me this meant joining the staff of LBF. And so, preparing for this message, I reflected on these past 29 years here at LBF and I’m grateful for the opportunity to see God change my life and the lives of others.

As you consider your life, what is it that gives you meaning and purpose? Does it have anything to do with what brought meaning to Paul’s life? What is it that helps you know you are living your life to the fullest? I’d love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment