Monday, September 27, 2010

Reflections: September 26, 2010


Road Trip
This week’s “Reflection” by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

"Take up your cross DAILY and follow me." This is what it means to be a Christian. A life surrendered to Christ at a level that does not put us beyond making mistakes and still blowing it, but where we are willing to continue to lay it all down, make the sacrifice of our own "rights" and desires, and allow what Christ calls us to, to trump all else.

Right now I am really asking God to do surgery on my heart and take out the disease of a judgmental attitude. With strangers, friends, my wife, and my kids I need God's help to show the grace and love that He desires from me.

I want to encourage all of you to join me in asking God to invade our lives at such a deep level, it goes beyond feeling guilty for a few minutes after a Sunday sermon and actually changes our behaviors, our lifestyle, and helps us become the people that God designed us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment