Monday, November 22, 2010

Reflections: November 21, 2010

This week's "Reflection" by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

Can I Trust God with the Heavy Things?
Joshua 5-6

Many of us know the story of Joshua and the Walls of Jericho found In Joshua 6 – it’s quite an amazing story reminding us that God’s ways are not our ways. But have you looked hard at chapter 5? Because the lesson there is “the walls fall only after the will falls.” Joshua needed to submit his will to the will of God so the walls could fall down.
I can’t count the number of times I have surrendered my will to God. But rather than beat myself up over that thinking I should do better in this covenant of grace, may I be reminded that my will needs to fall to see God work. I don’t care what the heavy thing is – addiction, sickness, insecurity, fear – it doesn’t matter. May I encourage you to surrender your will to God anytime and every time you become aware that you are once again taking control of your life? It doesn’t work unless we submit our will to the will of God.
God Bless you this week as you work on doing that in this grace relationship we have with God and may the walls fall down!

No comments:

Post a Comment