Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Weekend's Message: Leaving Comfort Behind

There are two places in my house that I absolutely love: my bed, and my end seat on the sectional sofa. These are places of rest for me. These are places that I have had some of the best naps you can imagine, and these are places that I hate to have to get up from. However, each day there is a call for me to leave these comfortable places and do something with my life: my job, yard work, playing with the kids, etc...are all part of a greater purpose for my life than just sitting.

Being comfortable is a wonderful thing, but there are some things we should be cautious and aware of when it comes to living comfortably. God has a huge design for our lives, much bigger than we realize most of the time. But this design will often call us out of the comfort of our lives that we so deeply enjoy. This call that God has for His children may in fact call us out of being comfortable, and yet not be fully revealed until we are willing to get up and step out in faith.

This weekend we are going to look at the second "Moving Day" as we look at Abram's (Abraham) response to God when God calls him to leave what is known and comfortable, and trust in God's huge design for his life and the life of future generations.

Take a look at Genesis 12, and see what God begins to speak to you.

See ya this weekend,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment