Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Seeing With God Eyes

Seeing with God Eyes
Mark 2:13-17

How should we see the people around us? If you’re like me, many times as I’m out and about and I see people around me, I make quick judgments. Maybe it’s their body piercings, maybe it’s the way they are dressed, or maybe it’s a wild hair style or exotic hair color. Whatever it is that I see, I’m quick to make a judgment about them and my judgment usually is known by only me. I would never share it with anyone (except maybe my wife)!

But then there’s that time when one of those people comes along my path and I actually have a chance to talk with them, hear their voice, get a sense in a different way about the kind of person they are, and quickly my first impression changes. I see them differently. How about you? How do you see people?

This week as we continue with our Love in Action series, we are learning about what it means to love mercy. And part of loving mercy is learning to see people the way God sees people. This Sunday we will look at an example from the life of Jesus as we learn to see people with "God eyes." It’s great timing as the next day we’ll be hosting our annual Harvest Party, inviting our community to come and get to know us as we get to know them.

By the way, if you haven’t volunteered yet, it’s not too late. Be sure to sign up on Sunday – you’ll have a blast and who knows, you may even have the chance to put love into action. I know I’m planning to look for ways to put love in action that night.
Gary Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment