Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Bragging Rights


One of my college friends used to joke, “I may be small, but I’m also slow.” It would make us laugh because those are things that no one brags about. We brag about being strong and talented and rich and smart. We brag (whether aloud or just in our own heads) about things that will make us look impressive to other people and will make them pay attention to us.

In 2 Corinthians 12, the Apostle Paul decides to brag, but his bragging feels much different than ours. He leads us down a surprising path, a path that leads to the ultimate bragging rights.

Dan Franklin

1 comment:

  1. 2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

    I love this verse as it keeps me humble and gives me strength to continue onward thank God that He gives us that constant reminder to keep us from getting full of ourselves

    ReplyDelete