Wednesday, November 23, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Where are the Other 9?


Where are the Other 9?
Luke 17:11-19

I saw a commercial the other day for new Citibank credit card that made me laugh. It involved two ladies in a grocery store. The one lady puts her hand on the stomach of the other and asks when the baby is due. The woman looks at her and says, “I’m not pregnant.” Not knowing what to say next, the woman just says, “Thank you.” With this simple reply, the offended woman forgets the insulting words that were just uttered and the two ladies embrace. Citibank then flashes their slogan across the screen that states, “It’s amazing what a simple thank you can do.”

I thought, how true! It is amazing what a simple thank you can do. How many of you have been encouraged by receiving a thank you note from someone you have helped along the way? When that happens to me it makes my day. It can change my attitude for the better in an instant. How about you?

Even though by Sunday, Thanksgiving Day will be over, it is not too late to talk about being thankful. We’re going to do that by looking at a story found in Luke. If you have the time, read it and then together we can answer the question Jesus asked, “What about the other 9?”
Gary Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment