Thursday, December 1, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Better Days


Last week I went running (a big mistake) on the Bridle Path (a bigger mistake). I started my run from the top of Euclid, so when I turned around to head back up, the run got painfully difficult. All I wanted was to be finished and to experience some relief. The hill seemed endless though, and I wondered if I would ever get to the top. Then I saw a beautiful rectangular-green sight. It was the sign for 24th Street. That sign was hope. Hope for relief from pain and exhaustion. Hope for a cold glass of water and a sofa. Hope that better days were coming soon.

My embarrassing athleticism aside, we have all experienced seasons that are dark and draining. We just can’t wait for them to end. We feel tired and hurt and disillusioned, and we long for relief. We long for better days. But how do we know better days are coming? What makes that a realistic hope?

Dan Franklin

1 comment:

  1. I could relate to your enthusiasm in beginning something new and not quite thinking it through.
    I want to welcome you to LBFC. You are a lovely addition to our outstanding staff.

    ReplyDelete