Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This Weekend's Message: Broken Stride


I love to read and I will often leave any book that I am reading on the side table next to my bed. Many times I will have two books going at a time. But due to the fact that I am easily distracted, I will often find the books piling up. Rather than making my way through a book, I come to find that there are 5 or 6 on, under, and near that side table. This happens because I continue to start a book, get distracted, and then start new one before I have finished the previous one. After a while, all of those books appear to become a monument to things that I have started, but left unfinished.

Many of us struggle to finish well. We start a book or a project or a relationship, but then we get sidetracked and go off course. Throughout Galatians, Paul has been speaking to a group of Christians who started their relationship with God by faith in the grace of God. But now they are off course and are living a distant, rules-based relationship with God. This Sunday, we will all be called to finish well. And as we are called to this, we will learn some of the enemies and some of the keys to finishing well. 

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment