Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This Weekend's Message: One Fulfillment


I was a confident teenager who felt like I knew how to handle things. Once, when I went to visit my grandparents, they picked me up from the airport in their 1964 Rambler station wagon. After our greeting at the terminal, we headed back to their car. I opened the back tailgate of the wagon and put my luggage in. As I lifted the tailgate to close it, we noticed the glass window was not down all the way. My grandparents told me to stop and lower the window, but of course I knew better and shut the tailgate. You know what happened, right? As I closed the tailgate the glass window shattered.

That was one of those times when instead of doing it my way, I should have listened and done it their way. This has probably happened to all of us at sometime in our life. We think we know the better way to do things or we try to do something ourselves when we should have asked for help. This week in our study of Galatians, Paul uses a familiar story from the Old Testament of someone who did it their way instead of God’s way. It is a brilliant piece of teaching from Paul as he writes his final arguments to the Galatians on the subject of being “Freely Limited.”

I hope to see you on this Father’s Day Sunday.

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment