Thursday, March 27, 2014

Prayer Team Ministry Becomes a ‘Vital Part of Daily Life’

By Debi Merry, Prayer Team Leader

Each new year is welcomed with hope and expectation, plans for prosperity and stewardship, and resolutions to break old habits or develop new ones. Last year, we heard about a lot of opportunities to serve as our leadership challenged us to move out of our comfort zones, find God at work in our community, and join Him. It’s been a year of discovery as we stepped out to try a variety of activities to serve our church family and our community. Many of us are seeking a place to serve as we answer the call of our Lord and our leadership.

On October 20 we rolled out the Prayer Team Ministry in conjunction with the message series on the same subject, “In Jesus’ Name.” Immediately I began to see God at work answering prayer. Members of our church family were quick to volunteer and commit themselves to loving others by serving them in prayer. I saw changes in my own prayer life as I prayed for the submitted requests. God opened my heart and sharpened my spiritual vision as those I prayed for became more than names on a list. Those names became people I care for and in whose lives I am invested. The Prayer Team Ministry has become a vital part of my daily life and my walk with the Lord. I’ve heard much the same sentiment echoed by other members of the Prayer Team.

Would you like to join us? The commitment is simple: attend one brief informational meeting and confirm your commitment to the Prayer Team Ministry. Check your email daily for prayer requests (most requests will be emailed to you on Tuesday) and pray in the comfort and privacy of your home. 

Would you like us to pray for you or someone you love? Please let us know! All prayer requests are kept strictly confidential. Your name and request is heard only by heaven and the Prayer Team as we bring your requests before the Lord.

We would love to hear about answered prayer as well! We want to rejoice with you and give praise to God!

How can you reach us? There are several options, so choose the one that works best for you. Use the K.I.T. card found in your bulletin each Sunday, email me at prayer@lbfchurch.com, or go to the LBF website, lbfchurch.com > Connect > Prayer, and then either leave a request or indicate your interest in volunteering for the Prayer Team Ministry and we’ll do the rest! 


“With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints”
Ephesians 6:18 (NASB).

No comments:

Post a Comment