Wednesday, March 5, 2014

This Weekend's Message: Operation: Quenched Thirst


Have you ever been thirsty? I mean, really thirsty?           

I spent one summer in Russia with a mission team. While we were there, there were many things that we missed about home. Perhaps most of all, we missed drinking cold ice water. In Russia we were only able to drink mineral water, which was not nearly as refreshing and tasted strange to us. We were able to drink soda, which tasted good, but didn’t quench our thirst. As soon I returned home I found myself consistently indulging myself with cold, fresh ice water. Nothing could be more refreshing.
           
This Sunday we will see Jesus talking about, among other things, water. As he reaches out to a Samaritan woman looking for water, he offers her (and everyone) living water that is only available through Him. Jesus invites all comers to have their thirst quenched in Him. In fact, He not only offers to quench our thirst; He is on a quest to do so. And He will combat all obstacles – even obstacles that we ourselves have imposed – in order to meet our greatest needs.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment